Manager, Credit Risk & Data Solutions
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
-Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
-BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
-Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
The Manager, Credit Risk & Data Solutions will be part of the Go-To-Market team, playing an essential role in partnering with customers across different verticals. You will serve as a consultative product expert who helps clients unlock business value by engaging our customers’ senior stakeholders on credit policy, product usage, and performance analyses for our Credit Passport and Cash Atlas products. Internally, you will be well-connected, working cross-functionally with Customer Success, Product, and Data Science. You will engage with our worldwide customer base of top-tier banks and lenders in the US, Canada, the UK, the UAE, and Singapore.
You should be experienced in financial services within the credit risk modeling and credit policy landscapes. Ultimately, this person will ensure that Nova Credit’s customer base gets the maximum benefit from our data, and every partnership they own will be critical for the company’s success.
This role is full-time, with travel to Nova Credit offices (New York and San Francisco), client sites, and conferences required up to 25% of the time. Work location is flexible, but the Eastern time zone is strongly preferred. Work hours flexibility is necessary, given the global scope of this role and major client relationships in the UK and UAE.
WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Establish a deep understanding of Nova Credit’s products, strategies, and data
- Partner with the Customer Success team to understand our existing portfolio of clients and engagement models
- Support your first client meetings and communications
WITHIN THE FIRST QUARTER, YOU'LL:
- Partner with Customer Success Managers to identify areas for ongoing reporting, engagement, and value creation
- Collaborate and influence to shape our clients’ credit policies, maximizing the value of our data in their lending and decision frameworks
- Influence product strategy based on feedback from clients and your own experiences
WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR, YOU'LL:
- Scale the consulting function via the creation of processes and content
- Shape the trajectory of Nova Credit by working cross-functionally with Customer Success and Data Science to prioritize road map activities
- Drive revenue for Nova Credit and our customers by influencing stakeholder teams and policies
- 5+ years experience in financial services or credit with a focus on credit policy or data science
- 2+ years experience in customer-facing pre- or post-sales consulting roles
- Proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Relevant master's or MBA preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, drive, flexibility, and coachability will be critical to adapt to client needs, business models, and sophistication levels spanning business sizes, verticals, and the globe
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.