Director of Growth
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
In the next 20 years, immigration will account for 100% of net population growth in the United States, Canada, the U.K., and many other developed countries. While critical to economic growth, the newcomer segment still experiences significant hardships when it comes to establishing their financial life in their new country; lack of credit history and knowledge of local customs significantly handicap their ability to quickly establish themselves in their new country.
Over the last seven years, Nova Credit has positioned itself as the leader in cross-border credit solutions, bridging a world of consumer permissioned credit data across 20 countries, enabling financial institutions to quickly evaluate and approve millions of newcomers with previously inaccessible yet essential credit products. Our game-changing solution has caught the attention of ~½ the newcomer audience in the U.S., over 2 million individuals a year, and has brought some of the largest financial partners to the table, including American Express, Verizon, and HSBC. Along the way, we built an ecosystem of partners offering products and services to deepen the portfolio of solutions for newcomers. We are looking to leverage our privileged position and ecosystem to evolve our consumer offering into the definitive platform for how newcomers integrate into the financial system, helping them arrive and thrive.
We're seeking an experienced Product-Led Growth or Growth Marketing leader to spearhead our consumer growth function to identify, educate, and capture the entire newcomer population of the U.S. (and eventually other markets). Your main objective will be to leverage Nova Credit’s (B2B2C) offering and ecosystem to attract and convert the ~2 million student and working professional populations of newcomers that arrive each year. We are well on our way to accomplishing this, and we are looking for a talented individual to multiply the exciting growth we’ve experienced over the last few years. The function will oversee all Product Led Growth initiatives, including consumer product and acquisition strategies. The role will have fully-dedicated design, engineering, and marketing resources to execute the strategy and will report to our VP of Marketing while working closely with our CEO, Head of Product, and Head of Customer Success.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that will own the success and revenue for our consumer and affiliate motions.
- Grow attributable revenue from our consumer-owned product and affiliate channels
- Build a holistic growth road-map, managing initiatives via the RICE scoring model (reach, impact, confidence, and effort)
- Optimize our consumer website and product experience to maximize the acquisition of newcomers, increase engagement, and grow conversions for our partner products
- Conduct experimentation across all marketing channels, including performance marketing, affiliate partners, lifecycle marketing, referral, and content
- Own every aspect of our consumer funnel to relentlessly track and improve our KPIs, including conversions, LTV/CAC per channel, traffic, email capture, referrals, nurture, and retention
- Build attribution models and help deploy seven-figure marketing spending budgets
- Oversee consumer product roadmap and work closely with product and engineering teams to build features that elicit conversion and sharing/virality
- Work closely with partnership and leadership team members to build an impactful partner strategy that creates synergies within our ecosystem
- Guide user research to leverage cross-channel insights to refine strategies that generate higher-quality segments
- 5-10 years of work experience in product-led growth, growth marketing, or product management
- Keen understanding of consumer behavior across different product journeys
- Expertise in consumer acquisition strategies, including performance marketing, SEO, paid media, affiliate partnerships as well as lifecycle marketing
- Experienced in Mixpanel, SQL, or relevant user performance and data tracking tools
- You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with limitations from legal red tape
You are most likely to succeed in this role if you are:
- a critical thinker with a hacker’s type mentality full of intellectual curiosity and creativity
- an accelerant, the momentum booster in the team bringing forth the best ideas to rapidly uncover value for our users
- systematic, looking for ways to solve problems in a scalable way, building on top of best practices
- objective with a strong data-driven approach in decision making
- a crisp communicator that bonds us all together, sharing outcomes, learnings, insights, updates, and results.
- an owner, always finding ways to keep moving the ball forward, directly and indirectly
- Bonus: Passion for financial inclusion and immigration as well as fintech value props
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.