Treasury & FX Manager
Our Mission 💙
📌 We are on a mission to increase economic opportunity for Africans globally.
Why does our mission matter?
There are over 1.3 billion Africans in the world. Africa is the most expensive place to send money to and trade with.
Talent is everywhere but opportunity isn’t. How do we bridge this divide with a sense of purpose?
- Think about people living far away from their loved ones who are financially responsible and support them. Imagine how you would feel losing 8-9% of your money through fees. How do we reduce the cost of sending money home through technology?
- What about the future of work? Think about those young TikTok influencers in Uganda who make amazing content, but can’t get paid because they don’t have Visa or Mastercards yet have mobile money?
- What about the future for businesses? Think about those who are trying to do cross-border business from Africa outbound to the rest of the world? Why is it so hard to trade today? Why do people have to send money with other people physically or cash on planes? How much money and time is lost while doing this?
- What about the reliability of trade? When payments are delayed, that means business is disrupted. This costs everyone money. It loses us trust with customers.
NALA’s true impact will be measured by the opportunities we create for Africa to trade with the world and the world to trade with Africa.
🙌 Your mission
Your mission will be to ensure NALA has sufficient liquidity of FX at the best sourced rates so that we can pass on these rates to NALA customers. You will ensure the success of this process through a mixture of relationship building with partners and clients, ensuring internal cash management is streamlined and making sure that treasury operational processes are as efficient as possible.
🎯 Your responsibilities in this role
- Execute and oversee foreign exchange trading operations, with a primary focus on emerging markets in Africa.
- Develop and implement FX trading strategies to optimise currency exposure and minimise risk.
- Act as a market maker to both the internal Nala sales team and Nala clients for large FX deals.
- Monitor daily cash positions to ensure liquidity needs are met efficiently. Streamline cash management processes to improve working capital management.
- Develop and maintain accurate cash flow forecasts to support financial planning and decision-making.
- Utilise data analytics tools and techniques to extract actionable insights from financial data.
- Build relationships with new and existing partners in order to increase the rates and service that the business needs.
- Provide training and guidance to team members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
🔥 Must have job requirements
- 3+ years experience in FX trading within a treasury team, with a strong focus on emerging markets, particularly in Africa.
- Extensive background in cash management, cash forecasting, and financial data analytics.
- Solid understanding of risk management principles and hedging strategies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and compliance.
💪 Nice to have job requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field; MBA or CFA designation is a plus.
- Proficiency in financial software, trading platforms and data analytics tools (e.g., SQL, Python, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong communication and leadership skills.