Data Scientist, Product Analytics
We saw a problem within the life insurance industry: getting covered took too long, involved too much paperwork, and required too many in-person meetings with salesy agents. Having lost his father at a young age, our CEO, Jamie, was determined to make it easier for people to get the coverage they needed to provide for their families. So, we got to work. We developed a method of real-time underwriting and, in doing so, reduced the months-long process of applying for life insurance to minutes. Our digital experience is quick (instant decisions!), loved by users (check out our Trustpilot or Google reviews) and prolific ($34 billion+ in coverage provided).
About the role
Ladder is looking for a Data Scientist to be the analytical expert for a specific product area and collaborate with product, design, and engineering to help Ladder fulfill its mission. You will be responsible for driving quantitative analyses that will inform how we build and iterate on our product.
If you're interested in doing mission-driven work with smart, caring people, we’d love to hear from you.
How you'll make a difference
- Make actionable, data-driven recommendations about feature development and prioritization based on a deep understanding of user engagement and behavior
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Design teams through the full product lifecycle, from ideation and exploratory analysis to goal setting and measuring impact
- Define KPIs, build dashboards to monitor performance, and conduct root cause analysis to understand business drivers, providing the the company with actionable insights
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design scalable data infrastructure
- Design and analyze A/B tests to assess the impact of product changes
- Report to the Head of Product Analytics and collaborate closely with the lead Product Manager
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience in data science conducting quantitative analysis on large datasets, or an equivalent analytical role (preferably at consumer tech company)
- Mastery using SQL to query large data sets
- Strong understanding of statistics or experimentation (i.e. A/B testing)
- Experience communicating the results of analyses to product leadership teams to influence the strategy
- Desire to own projects end-to-end, take initiative in identifying and improving established processes, learn new skills, and teach others
- You are impact-focused, eager to jump in and work in a fast-paced environment
- You are collaborative, forming trusting relationships with your cross-functional teammates
What we offer
Whether you work in our beautiful office in Palo Alto or remotely, Ladder is highly collaborative and fun. To support you in your role, we offer fantastic perks and benefits that reflect our mission of care and support, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage | We offer competitive healthcare, and dental and vision plans for you and your family.
- Flexible paid time off | Take the time that you need to rest and recharge, including our week-long winter holiday closure.
- Stock options | We offer competitive stock option packages to participate in the success of building Ladder, including an extended option exercise window of 7 years after two years with Ladder.
- A rewarding 401k match program | We'll match up to 4% of your contributions as you save for your retirement goals.
- Ladder Fit Program | Your health matters. That’s why Ladder provides reimbursement of up to $50 a month for wellness-related expenses.
- Commuter benefits | When you work from the office, you will receive pre-tax benefits for your commute and free parking.
- A stocked, beautiful new office | Located in downtown Palo Alto, our office was specifically designed to accommodate all working styles. We've invested in technology to support our hybrid team, plus we provide office snacks and daily catered lunches so that team members can work well and have fun together.
- Paid parental leave | We think it's crucial that new parents have time to adjust to their new lives without worrying about work, so we provide all parents inclusive of birthing, adoption, or fostering ten weeks of paid baby bonding.
- Work-from-home flexibility and support | We recognize that everyone's homelife is different and support remote and hybrid work. Upon joining, we provide a one-time $500 remote office stipend for all team members and then a monthly $150 stipend to cover WFH costs such as the internet.
- Fun company-wide events | Whether we work locally or remotely, we genuinely enjoy spending time together. That’s why we plan fun virtual and in-person events to let loose and laugh.
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported to benefit our people, product, and community. Let us know why you're interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team. We look forward to hearing from you.