Sr Software Engineer
Play a leading role in designing and implementing Informed.IQ’s next generation, ML-powered auto loan verifications platform. You will be solving interesting challenges building complex features to automate how $600 billion in auto loans get funded each year.
Participate in designing, originating, and architecting features based on customer and stakeholder requirements
Implement high-performing, maintainable code to deliver highly available and scalable services
Collaborate with the engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the success of engineering initiatives
Mentor other engineers, elevating their technical skills while leading by example
Partner closely with the product team to help translate the requirements into user stories and technical solutions
Demonstrate strong customer empathy, curiosity and willingness to learn and question the status quo
- 5+ years of software development experience in fast paced and challenging Series B or later start-ups
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable and robust large-scale distributed backend systems
- Strong experience in one or more of the following languages for backend development: Ruby, Python, GoLang, … Polyglot appreciated!
- Self Starter / Finisher; Creative and can’t help but solve problems and ship impactful features
- Willing to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Adaptable with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, blending good judgment and clear communication
- Understand database concepts and optimization techniques
- Experience with serverless, docker and containerization is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and other build systems
- Familiarity with ML and experience working with ML teams is a plus
- Startup/entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Loves to document what you create
- A Cool Degree
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits plus 401K plan
- Three weeks of paid time-off in addition to seven paid company holidays
San Francisco-based Informed.IQ uses machine learning and AI technologies to instantly verify income, assets, residence, insurance and other consumer data points, enabling real-time and more reliable credit decisions that better comply with Fair Lending laws. Informed.IQ's machine learning models are trained to process hundreds of different types of documents and consumer-permissioned data sources, automating stipulation clearance for lenders. In 2020, Informed.IQ processed close to a million consumer credit applications for several major US lenders, automating over $91 billion in loan originations to date. Informed.IQ’s AI automates verifications with a 99% accuracy in seconds with no humans-in- the-loop. Originally focused on auto lending, where five of the top ten auto lenders use Informed.IQ, financial institutions now use Informed.IQ’s technology to help offer mortgages, credit cards, and automated bank account openings to their customers.
Something looks off?