Account Executive, Emerging
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
The Southern EMEA team is looking for hyper talented and motivated Sales people to grow our business out of our office located at the heart of Paris. The team is growing fast as GoCardless solves a key challenge for all businesses: getting paid faster. This role is a unique opportunity to participate in the massive growth we’re seeing in France and to join a rapidly expanding team.
What excited you
- Closing multi-territory, multi-year deals with fast growing companies
- Identifying a set of accounts that meet this criteria
- Developing account plans, working with stakeholders in marketing to deliver those plans and building your network within those accounts
- Selling the value of our global payments platform and then developing opportunities through negotiation and contract closure
As an Account Executive, we want to give you all of the tools and skills you need to succeed and thrive. We run frequent sales training sessions across a range of topics - from best outreach practices to negotiation skills. In addition, you will be encouraged to identify skills you want to improve and we'll work with you to develop a plan to improve them
What excites us
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, a consistent track record of building positive relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in a full-stack sales role, building pipelines and closing opportunities
- Experience in a high velocity inside sales team, creating SQLs and closing multiple opportunities in a month
- Demonstrated consistent quota achievement across multiple quarters in a multitude of sales cycles (ranging from 1 week to 3 months)
- Strong experience in Sales and Business Development
- Demonstrated a high degree of analytical skills
- Team player
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.