At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
The Customer Success Engineer - Success UKI manages the technical and tooling capabilities of the UKI Success org, focused on optimising customer engagements and improving team efficiencies. You will serve the UKI Success function to achieve our ambitious growth goals and improve customer experience by optimising our customer-specific technology stack.
What excites you
- Strategic Contribution: You will need to strategically leverage information assets to positively impact our customers, and support business initiatives for the UK & I customer function.
- Systems Optimization: You know how to elevate high-priority systems to acceptable operating levels, addressing critical short- and long-term needs that drive the required business outcomes.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborating with various teams comes naturally, including UKI Success leadership, BI, GTM, and Business Services, to enhance the operational value of technical tooling.
- Data & Tooling Efficiency: Utilising data, you will automate key actions aligned with the engagement strategy and merchant lifecycle for the UKI Success function. Understand and implement existing tooling to better support effective workflow and best practice.
- Documentation and Tech Liaison: You have experience of owning technical process documentation, ensuring tooling aligns with performance metrics, and acting as the technical liaison to optimise performance and achieve revenue goals.
What excites us
- You’re an experienced Salesforce engineer and may have some experience with Zendesk, ChurnZero, Qualtrics, FormAssembly, and/or Rocketlane.
- You’re curious and want to understand how everything fits together. If someone can’t tell you the answer, you’ll find a way to figure it out
- You have experience helping Customer Success teams achieve ambitious goals and can work consultatively with team leadership to get there.
- You're able to utilise APIs where necessary to overcome system limitations
- You are easily dissatisfied with how things are run - you frequently feel the urge to act when someone tells you, “this is how we’ve always done it.”
- You thrive on operational efficiency and designing solutions that enable impactful change, and consistently provide ongoing support and optimisation.
- You communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical team members.
Bonus points if
- You have built and optimised digital customer journeys and can adapt these to complement team workflow.
- You’ve written code in Ruby
- You’re familiar with version control tools, e.g. GitHub
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.