Customer Success Manager, Emerging - Europe
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
We are looking for an Account Manager who will join our Europe team in Paris and manage a large portfolio of merchants, helping them onboard and renew with GoCardless.
This role principally suits people with farmer sales roles or previous Customer Success experience, particularly in payments. We are also looking for someone who speaks English and French as well as Spanish or German.
The Europe team is a group of people who come from all over the world to help grow our ever expanding region in a great environment. It’s not unusual to see us enjoying a meal or drinks together in our lovely office at the heart of Paris. What drives us is the desire to have an impact and make the European region shine whilst acting as one team, and a fun one!
What excites you
- Manage a large portfolio of our Emerging and Mid Market customers (200-300 customers; $3-4 million on average).
- Assist customers with completing onboarding milestones.
- Learn how to use the GoCardless product in order to support customer onboarding, use case application/expansion and promote its value.
- Use data to identify risk as well as opportunity in your portfolio and negotiate renewals.
- Learn and use our systems and tools such as Zendesk and ChurnZero.
What excites us
We’re looking for someone who relishes the challenge of growing a portfolio at scale. You should apply if:
You can clearly demonstrate your experience working in a customer-facing role in either a CSM or Account Management role ideally within a payments company
- You have a passion for helping customers
- You have a proven track record in mitigating commercial risk and growing accounts
- You have experience prioritising your time, especially between multiple important and urgent issues
- You love working cross-functionally and partnering with other teams on projects
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.