At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
We're looking for a bright and empathic Complaints Specialist to join our team, reporting to our Head of Complaints and Quality. We pride ourselves on listening to our customers and doing everything we can to solve their problems. We know sometimes things do not always go as we expect, and as such, we are looking for a Complaints Specialist who is a great problem solver, investigator and communicator.
You'll work with our UK, European, Australian, and North American merchants to solve tough problems and provide world-class service. You’ll be part of our Merchant Operations group, leading complaint handling across the business. If you're happy working in a fast-paced environment where the work is varied and challenging, this is your role.
What excites you
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with complainants via phone and email
- De-escalating difficult customer situations
- Understanding how everything fits together and when things go wrong, not resting until you've found the correct answer
- Upskilling and training your fellow team members
- Influencing stakeholders to prevent situations that could lead to customer complaints
- Driving the operational performance of the team
- Root cause analysis to drive change and improvements
What excites us
- Extensive experience in handling customer complaints
- You've handled complex complaints, dealing with external resolution bodies, such as the Financial Ombudsman Service
- You are passionate about solving issues and getting the best outcome possible
- You love taking ownership and are highly proactive
- You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience
- You are a true advocate for customers
- You love helping team members achieve their goals, providing regular feedback and coaching
- You have experience working in the financial services sector, preferably for a FinTech business
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.