Credit Risk Analyst
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
You will be ensuring that GC adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate credit controls with the aim of managing credit losses whilst supporting revenue growth.
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will play a crucial role in assessing and managing the credit risk associated with GC’s merchant base. You will be responsible for evaluating creditworthiness, conducting risk assessments, and developing creative strategies to mitigate potential credit losses.
You are expected to be able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders, such as sales, risk, product and C-suite. You will be representing the credit risk team across different functions and required to communicate credit risk decisions and the rationale behind it.
What excites you
- Understanding new and existing business models with meticulous attention to detail
- Getting underneath and looking beyond the numbers when assessing creditworthiness for SMEs and Large corporates
- Staying ahead of key market trends and being able to clearly translate this into an impact on GC’s credit risk
- Thinking outside the box to develop and create mitigation strategies to manage financial exposure
- Not accepting the status quo in favour of improving and optimising operational efficiency
- Communicating complexities into a simple concise form
What excites us
- Deep and broad knowledge in analysing financial statements for SMEs and Large Corporates in order to make effective credit risk decisions, with the ability to compute financial ratios whilst applying industry context (2-4+ years experience)
- Financial services, banking experience with payments being a bonus
- Ambitious person with a constant drive to strive for excellence
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (Finance, accounting, business)
- A strong communicator, and collaborator with the ability to influence stakeholders across the business
- Able to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in English, with French, German and Spanish being a bonus
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We make it happen, working with urgency and taking personal accountability for getting things done. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Our Values form part of the GoCardless DNA, and are used to not only help us nurture and develop our culture, but to deliver impactful work that will help us to achieve our vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.