Management Accountant (6 month FTC)
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
Currently the preparation of the chart of accounts for our French entity is retained by a third party accounting firm. We are initiating a project to bring the accounting for our French chart of accounts in-house to our financial system, Netsuite.
To drive this project forward we are looking for an experienced management accountant to join the financial reporting team on a 6 month fixed-term contract.
What excites you
- Performing detailed reconciliations between accounting records retained in 2 separate systems with different charts of accounts
- Understand and explain differences between group and local books
- Creating a new process and being able to document and explain it to other team members
- Understanding key balance sheet accounts, ensuring reconciliations are completed and any variances are resolved on a timely basis
- Provide P&L variance analysis and proposing controls to monitor variances
- Supporting the Financial Reporting Manager / Head of Finance as required
What excites us
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified or nearly qualified with several years of industry experience
- Proven experience in public accounting or in a financial/management accountant role
- Ability to work in French and French GAAP as well as English and IFRS
- Experience working in the banking industry and with the French PCEC chart of accounts
- Intermediate excel / google sheet skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Experience with multi-currency balance sheet reconciliations
- Ability to produce accurate work and consistently deliver to reporting deadlines
- Knowledge of NetSuite or similar accounting packages
- Team player but ability to work independently
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.