Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
Supporting the Regulatory Compliance Director, you’ll be someone who enjoys driving processes through from design to conclusion, taking a proactive approach to getting on top of all existing obligations with all existing licences. You will have a great head for project management and organisation, being comfortable working both independently and with close supervision, to get the input you need from different stakeholders to support the Regulatory Compliance Team’s overall deliverables.
You’ll play a key role in helping to manage regulator interactions and support critical projects, facilitating entry into new markets at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high-growth fintech company.
We’re approaching ‘Risk’ in Financial Services in a new way.
- We are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve its goals;
- We automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies nor do we believe that real risk mitigation is achieved by throwing people at the problem; and
- We create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to look forward to going through our processes.
The Risk teams are at the forefront of GoCardless’ expansion. We must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains forward-thinking and appropriate processes and controls, often coming across new challenges or issues that require innovative solutions.
What excites you
- Obtain and maintain all requisite licences and authorizations (including managing of changes in scope of products and org).
- Manage all regulatory reporting to the regulators, and notifications and act as custodian to keep records of all correspondence between regulators or external advice providers.
- Manage regulatory examinations and audits.
- Conduct horizon scanning and update regulatory obligations register.
- Engage regulators where appropriate and conduct outreach activities
- Support corporate governance as necessary for the regulated entities to maintain good standing and meet obligations.
- Provide oversight over key processes run by other affiliates to ensure that they have been designed and are operating effectively.
- Conduct regulatory assessments in a view to identifying regulatory risks and path to compliance.
- Provide effective reporting to support the board of directors and executive management team in exercising effective oversight of the company’s compliance operations.
- Provide training where appropriate
- Develop comprehensive regulatory strategy for UK/ANZ that is fit for GoCardless’ business and strategic objectives.
What excites us
We’re looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have worked in the world of regulation - within a compliance function, consultancy, or a regulator. You have a track record with the FCA Regulated firms.
- Have experience in delivering change and interaction with various senior stakeholders.
- Have experience of Regulatory regimes in ANZ, but not essential.
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Like keeping to deadlines, even when you set them yourself.
- Have got good operational knowledge of implementing new regulatory requirements, from policy drafting to providing advice.
- Enjoy finding and implementing new tools and technologies to drive efficiencies.
- Savour a challenge, don’t get disheartened easily and drive projects through to completion.
- Your communication skills are first class, and you are able to distil complex and cumbersome matters into understandable English.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company.
We recognise that the most talented people have the most unusual backgrounds, so if you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.