Fraud Strategy Analyst
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
This role sits within Fraud Risk Management (FRM) at GoCardless.
Our mission is to protect and grow GoCardless by:
- Helping power our commercial growth by enabling organic top line growth for good merchants
- Continuing to focus on building trusted, scalable foundations by holding fraud losses to an acceptable level
- Delivering fraud strategies/policies that proactively enable the acceleration of the product roadmap
Our Operating Principles:
- Deliver & Innovate for Run The Business: Continue to identify opportunities to optimise how we solve for fraud through recurring thematic work
- Provide a clear & transparent definition of Fraud: Define a consistent approach to what fraud is, what is considered acceptable levels of fraud, and growth aligned risk based strategies
- Flex & Hold Accountability: Remain flexible in the manner in which we address fraud, without moving the goalposts on accountability
- Prioritise & Invest for Tomorrow: Identify opportunities to align and build scalable solutions that enable the GC mission
You’ll play a key role in the design, implementation and management of our fraud detection policies; building data features and creating rules and alerts to help us enable the business to grow by managing risk effectively. Seeking out indicators of fraudulent activity, you’ll work closely with internal and external partners to ensure that we have access to the information we need to spot fraudulent activity.
What excites you
- Designing, testing and implementing fraud detection policies, rulesets and scoring to manage our fraud risk and enable business growth
- Developing data features and backtesting to determine efficacy via our systems and tools
- Partnering with our investigations team to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes
- Hypothesising fraud risk mitigants and working with our governance and operations team to test new approaches
- Taking the lead on high priority analytical projects, collaborating with our product development teams, engineers and data scientists to deliver results
- Keeping abreast of our analytical capabilities and working to enable collection, storage and access to the data we need to manage fraud risk
What excites us
We’re looking for someone with experience in designing and implementing fraud policies from scratch.
We would expect you to be able to wield your analytical skills to develop and maintain policies in line with the team’s strategic direction. You’re comfortable taking initiative and working independently, whilst communicating effectively with your stakeholders and project contributors.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You savour the continuous challenge of developing fraud risk policies, and are proactive in thinking about the next move
- You have excellent analytical skills and have worked in SQL and/or BI tools in previous roles
- You excel at driving action through to completion; managing projects and and a wide range of stakeholders to maximum effect
- You exhibit great attention to detail whilst keeping a high-level vision
- You like keeping to deadlines, even when you set them yourself
- Your organisational, communication and writing skills are first class
- Bonus points if you’ve got knowledge of the payments space, the key players and networks
- Bonus points if you have experienced a fast-growth journey (in a company growing 50%+ YoY)
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.