Senior Software Development Engineer
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
As a Software Development Engineer at GoCardless, you'll be integral to our Bank Account Data team working to streamline experience for our customers.
You'll collaborate closely with product and other teams to innovate, maintain, and optimise our product, marking a key role in operational efficiency for our merchants and internal users while ensuring smooth operation for the world's aspiring bank payments network.
Across GoCardless, we use a broad range of additional technologies such as React, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, and Prometheus.
Proficiency in all of these technologies is not a prerequisite. If you’re unsure, please apply.
What excites you
- You’re looking to foster an exceptional engineering culture within GoCardless and contribute to the larger engineering community
- You enjoy gaining insights and collaborating with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- You take pride in your work and the difference it can make
- Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
What excites us
- Professional experience of building web applications and a keen awareness of technologies across the stack
- Strong frontend foundations: ES6+, CSS (e.g. grid, flexbox, custom properties), event delegation, custom elements, web components etc.
- Understanding of backend technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, REST API
- You adapt to new technologies and processes quickly
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe the best products are built through collaboration
- You enjoy solving problems and are happy to take initiative to find better solutions
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of team members and colleagues.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
Salary: 5,600 - 7,590 eur/gross
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.