Senior Product Manager
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
This role will be working within the Accelerate Revenue team. Accelerate Revenue is a cross-functional organisation with a mission to help our customers get the most out of GoCardless. This means helping them better use our platform, helping them discover new products and services, and helping them grow their business with us. As a result, this team expects to deliver over £50m in incremental revenue over the next 5 years. To help us achieve this, we're leaning on a mixture of in- and out-of-product growth initiatives that need to be truly customer-centric in order to succeed.
The Growth Product Manager will work closely with a Product Designer and Engineering Manager to lead the in-product improvements that help our customers and drive revenue. You will also collaborate closely with our team of marketers, who guide customers along their journey with targeted communications. As part of a growth team, you will have the freedom to move fast in identifying and solving problems in the highest impact area, while working towards the wider product vision.
What excites you
- Delivering customer and business value: Being relentlessly focused on understanding and solving the customer problems which result in them using GoCardless as much as they can.
- Problem discovery and prioritisation: Taking complex and ambiguous product problems and structuring these effectively. This includes clearly defining the problem space, the impact of the problem and your prioritisation process.
- Data-led decision-making: Using quantitative and qualitative evidence to support your decisions and opportunity identification..
- Influencing and communication: Building collaborative relationships with your team, stakeholders and executives to deliver change effectively across your remit. This includes growing to become the ‘go-to’ person for your product area; translating complex, technical problems into understandable concepts; and convincing stakeholders of the best approach using structured reasoning.
- Shipping stuff: Working with your team to support changes to completion, delivering consistent positive impact across your product area. Being comfortable delivering a range of projects: from MVP experiments testing a hypothesis to a new feature.
What excites us
- Delivery of impact: You are focused on delivering business value through experimentation and have experience of doing that.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills: We want our Product Managers to have an outstanding ability to tackle valuable customer and business problems. At GoCardless we start by asking ‘why?’, and a data-led approach is central to how we run Product. You have a customer centric approach and are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- High agency: We’re after people who aren’t afraid of a challenge and will take ownership of problems they come across and help to resolve them and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Collaborative leaders: Product roles bring responsibility without direct authority. We’re looking for leaders who can motivate and earn the trust of stakeholders and teams with a collaborative approach.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.