At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
Following a series of organisational changes to ensure our business is more focussed on winning than ever, we’re making significant investment to expand our HQ2 in Riga. This means significantly increasing headcount with a focus on building high performing teams. Central to this transformation is our people team and the opportunity to provide a high quality, proactive service to stakeholders in a matrix working environment.
We’re looking for a HR Manager, based in Riga, who demonstrates curiosity and drive for the teams they support, and is motivated by a desire to influence through strong relationships and delivering value-adding insights. You’ll be championing GoCardless’ Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and learning initiatives, driving organisational effectiveness and providing guidance about growing high performing teams and general employment matters. As a HR Manager in a fast paced technology business you will have the opportunity to define your day to day work and your career path at GC.
What excites you
- Supporting the Senior People Partners based in London in all people related activities for Riga
- Resolving and managing generalist type queries for managers and employees (e.g: probationary reviews, policy advice, sickness absence, career development)
- Being the first point of contact for and advising on all employee relations issues including performance improvement plans; advising on grievances and disciplinary meetings
- Analysing business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and working with the Senior People Partners to resolve these as appropriate
- Providing reports from the Engagement Survey; helping with the facilitation of manager training sessions
- Supporting and contributing to People related projects
- Supporting the Senior People Partners to run seamless performance review and reward cycles
- Supporting Senior People Partners with the implementation of reorganisations, as appropriate
What excites us
- You have significant HR generalist experience, and a strong background in technology or fast-growth, innovative organisation
- Knowledge of working practices and employment law in Latvia are essential
- You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change quickly
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights from data or cultural observation into the team and business
- You have been part of a progressive people team where there has been measurable success on the organisation and a positive impact on the culture
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
Salary Range: €2920 - €3420 monthly (Gross)
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.