Commercial Strategy Analyst
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
As a Commercial Strategy Analyst, you will report to the Head of Commercial Strategy and sit in the Commercial Strategy Team. You will work closely with the team to support the delivery of the International Group’s 1y success metrics. This will include facilitating, processes & decision-making forums, as well as having autonomy to deliver strategic initiatives in a fast and pragmatic way.
With our 3 primary international markets being: The EU, North America and Australia & New Zealand, we are truly spread globally and must keep local market nuances and localisation at the heart of everything we do as a Group.
You will be joining GoCardless at a very exciting stage of our journey, and through a laser focus on commercial activities, you will be at the forefront of our efforts to scale our business.
Specifically, responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
- Running International group governance focused on our measuring and tracking our 1y success metrics
- Group comms & narrative including regular updates around strategy execution and 1y success metrics
- Quarterly planning process with International GTM leadership including group operational plans and intra-group alignment
- Group strategy execution, working closely with supporting intra-group teams e.g. Customer Success, RevOps, BI etc.
- Generating insights across all GTM activity, especially business cases with International revenue portion - identifying trends as an input into BAU operations + commercial strategy
- Working closely across the International leadership to deploy interventions on business case performance
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives across all key GTM areas in close coordination with Head of Commercial Strategy
- Leading strategic cross-functional initiatives & special projects
What excites you
- You are comfortable, and thrive in an environment of change
- Working across a range of different subject matter areas, from strategy definition to running our quarterly planning process to modelling the impact of bringing new products to market
- You are outcome driven and link everything you do to key commercial metrics
- You love telling stories but also crunching numbers to surface actionable insights - even better if you enjoy data visualisation software i.e Looker
- You build relationships to effectively navigate and leverage the wider organisation
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- You are curious and constantly challenge the status quo
- You love keeping things simple
What we’re looking for
- 2-3 years of relevant strategy & operations experience (for example, as part of a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or high growth start/scale-up - a blend of 2 beneficial)
- Ability to translate complex pieces of information into digestible chunks of information through content creation, process definition and strong visual presentations
- Strong numerical skills to ensure success of everything we do is measurable by a core set of metrics
- A foundational understanding of scalable business models in tech
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders, including senior stakeholders, along with strong verbal and written communication
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a strong appetite for getting things done, and making a difference
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.