Customer & KYC Representative - French Speaking
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
GoCardless is on a mission to become the world’s bank payment network. Customer Operations is set to play a vital role in the business’s ambition to reach this goal. This role is vital to the successful delivery of the company's objectives and ensuring we’re supporting our Customers’ journey from day one.
If you’re eager to make your mark and are looking for an exciting challenge, this may be your role. You’ll be working closely with our customers and touching base with a variety of teams and stakeholders within GoCardless. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your communication, operational, and prioritisation skills. Though you will be expected to hit the ground running, you’ll be part of a dedicated team that’s well-established and has a focus on developing careers. To that end, before you start, there's paid training, an induction, and a thorough onboarding process, so you get comfortable with the GoCardless product. If you’re happy working in a fast-paced environment where the work is varied and challenging, then this is the role for you.
This role is part of the Customer Operations group where you'll be responsible for supporting customers by providing an excellent level of customer service regarding product usage, general enquiries and troubleshooting and carrying out KYC checks.
While setting up this team, we will begin by dedicating the team to tasks related to customers or KYC. The role is expected to eventually blend KYC and customer skills, making it an excellent career path in Customer Operations as both are very essential skills in fast-paced fintech. Not only will it allow for two essential skill sets to be developed and mastered that are key for the fintech industry but it will allow for development and growth into a multitude of pathways such as AML Analysis, senior customer support and potential management opportunities.
Please note that this role would require you to come to the office 5 days per month.
- Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
We are a 24x7 operation and require our employees to demonstrate a willingness to work on some bank holidays.
What excites you
As a Customer & KYC Representative, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our customers regarding any queries and provide phone & email support to our customers globally.
- Take ownership and provide world-class customer service to our customers.
- Analyse and report product issues and represent customer voice across the company.
- Guide our customers to use our dashboard and explain the benefits of our products by having valuable discussions with them.
- Monitoring customer complaints on social media and reaching out to provide assistance.
- Ensure that our local and global KYC (Know your Customer) requirements are met while ensuring new and existing customers have a seamless experience by delivering high quality KYC reviews.
- Stop the bad actors by ensuring we’re catching those that we believe are misusing the GoCardless platform. It is our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Perform politically exposed persons (PEP), Sanctions and Adverse media screening.
- Identify opportunities to upskill other team members and proactively share knowledge.
We are about customer experience, speed and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against and growing markets to serve as GoCardless expands globally.
What excites us
- You have a previous experience in customer support and/or KYC and want to learn and grow your career in this space.
- English and French are the languages that you speak and write freely in.
- You are happy to support customers via email and over the phone.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls and emails and be able to consistently meet targets.
- You love helping people and care deeply about providing customers with a great experience.
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion.
- You learn quickly and are comfortable with complexity and a technical product.
- You’re able to follow processes through and challenge these where they can be improved.
- You can work fast and keep calm under pressure.
- Prior experience using tools like Zendesk, Intercom or Looker is desirable.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.