Product Marketing Manager - International
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
The mission of the International Group is to find fit in our strategic international markets and continue to accelerate our growth as we further expand in each region. The International Group will continue to experiment on where we play and our positioning to ensure we win.
With our 3 primary international markets being: The EU, North America and Australia & New Zealand, we are truly spread globally and must keep local market nuances and localisation at the heart of everything we do as a Group.
As the Product Marketing Manager for International you’ll report into the Head of Commercial Strategy (International) and sit in the Commercial Strategy Team. It will be your job to ensure we refine our Ideal Customer Profile and completely understand the needs of our customers so we can best deliver sustainable growth in each market. You will also have a secondary focus (25% of your time) working on strategic initiatives related to our commercial strategy.
What excites you
At GoCardless and in the International Group, Product Marketing can really be summarised in four core activities.
- Where should we play i.e who is our Ideal Customer Profile in each market
- How do we ensure that customer-facing teams have the right positioning, messaging, tools and pain-driven data points to drive growth in our target segments
- How do we launch new products and initiatives across the world in a way that generates maximum adoption
- How do we listen to and understand the market so we can make more effective decisions as a business
Furthermore, this role will include:
- Working with the Group leadership team to refine the yearly strategy through agile data-driven decision-making
- Becoming an expert in the ideal customer journey and working cross-functionally to optimise that journey
There’s a lot of work to be done, but one of our key tenets for 2023/24 is “do fewer things, better”. We want to select the activities that will have the maximum impact on the business and focus on them.
What excites us
- Prior experience of taking innovative new B2B products and features to market
- You believe that product launch doesn’t stop at launch - adoption and business impact is how you measure yourself. You have developed innovative messaging, positioning and value proposition frameworks for complex problems and new products.
- You are adept at market research and can demonstrate influencing business and product strategy as a result of that research.
- You have strong quantitative analytical skills and are experienced in extracting insights from data.
- You know that talking to customers is the best way to understand the challenges they face, and frequently do so.
- You have a lot of experience engaging with product and engineering teams to solve customers problems.
- You enjoy working independently, given a set of objectives.
- You also enjoy cross-functional work with disparate areas of the business.
- Fluency in French is a a nice to have, but not essential
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.