Sponsorship Marketing Manager (2 year fixed term contract)
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
We are looking for a Sponsorship Marketing Manager to manage and execute our sponsorship programmes, the primary focus being our recent sponsorship with Swim England. The role will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Swim England sponsorship including rights activations, event management, development of sponsorship marketing assets from concept through to production, leading associated communications campaigns to drive awareness and implementing metrics and tracking to measure brand exposure and business impact.
The successful candidate will be adept at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders and collaborating with different teams to work towards a common goal. It will be a very hands-on role - from coordinating our presence at events to creating and executing a comprehensive communications plan.
This is an opportunity for someone already in a marketing or sponsorship role, who’s looking to take ownership of a sponsorship project. This is our first foray into sports sponsorship at GoCardless and we believe there is a huge opportunity for it to have a real commercial impact on our business. The role focuses on driving awareness of GoCardless across the Swim England ecosystem and beyond into other sports membership clubs and engaging with clubs to sign up to and use GoCardless for their payments.
You will lead the Swim England sponsorship project team at GoCardless including brand design, partnerships, customer advocacy and content and will also work closely with the Comms team to drive integrated brand and communication strategies around our association with Swim England.
You’ll be responsible for the Swim England sponsorship budget and reporting and tracking on brand awareness and commercial metrics. You will also support other sponsorship activities including events and content sponsorships as required.
The role is a two-year fixed term contract and reports to our Head of Content Marketing.
What excites you
- You’re hands-on, driven by execution and seeing results
- You’re passionate about ideating, creating and producing content, events and activities (either by yourself or with internal and external resources) that resonate with and add value to your target audience.
- You have a strong understanding of brand and the role of sponsorships in the acquisition of customers.
- You always think ‘customer first’ and will champion the customer in everything you do.
- You are a strong copywriter and storyteller, able to translate complex and technical information into something that can easily be absorbed by a small business, club membership audience.
What excites us
You don’t need to have experience in the payments or financial world. Rather, you’ll be passionate about marketing communications and a fast learner with an interest in disruptive technologies that are helping to create a better world for businesses.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), attention to detail, strong project management skills, event management, creativity and content creation.
- Experience: Event management and copywriting skills are essential.
- Personal qualities: strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment (virtually and office-based), and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.