At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
At GoCardless, we have successfully gathered a team of 8 skilled Ruby developers and are now seeking a talented middle level engineer to join our Ruby development team.
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. We’re looking for engineers to join our growing Connectivity Group, where you’ll be working on problems that sit at the core of GoCardless: orchestrating and keeping track of the movement of funds, as well as building and maintaining the bank and scheme integrations that make it possible to keep our merchants’ cash flowing.
What excites you:
- You’re looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community;
- You enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences;
- You want to feel proud of the work you’re doing and its impact on real customers.
- Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
We endeavour to build simple, reliable systems and we believe in using the best technologies for each task. Joining the Connectivity Group you’ll be working in a team that primarily uses: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Storage.
Across GoCardless, our other technologies include: Golang, Python, React, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Google Cloud (GCP).
You’re not expected to have expertise in all these technologies. Members of our team have picked up the tools once they’ve started working with the team. If you’re unsure, please apply.
What excites us:
- Professional experience of building applications in Ruby
- You have experience building web products and services, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
- You adapt to new technologies and processes quickly.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe the best products are built through collaboration.
- You care about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and are happy to take initiative to find better solutions.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of team members and colleagues
Salary Range: 2800 - 5500 € per month (Gross)
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.