At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
As a Product Security Engineer you will enable teams to take ownership of the security & privacy of their service by collaborating to set standards, perform design reviews or build solutions. You will also work closely with the engineering teams, experienced privacy & data protection experts, and a dedicated SecOps team, to ensure the continued evolution of our security and privacy strategy.
You will be someone who has experience securing a cloud-native environment, and in particular in embedding standards in engineering functions so that product teams can take the steer in building security and privacy into what they do. You should also be comfortable automating security and privacy engineering processes.
We want you to be part of explaining security to our merchants and partners, so you will need to be comfortable communicating security and privacy to a broad audience.
What excites you
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Risk team, Data Protection Officer and Product Development teams to drive security and privacy best practice in engineering
- Perform design reviews and threat modelling of services and products
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security testing
- Provide subject matter expertise on areas of security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Help and incentivise development teams to work with a security & privacy mindset
- Deliver cross-function security initiatives
- Automate and continually improve our approaches through development of tooling and procedures
- Work closely with our sales teams to respond to Requests for Proposals
What excites us
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget
- A clear career progression: opportunities for growth and competencies aligned to our competencies framework
- Ownership and freedom: we give people problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. Even if your experience doesn’t tick all of the boxes, please apply - we’d love to hear from you.
Salary range: €4,900 - €5,600 eur/gross
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.