Data Platform Product Manager
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
You will partner with the Director of Data Platform and Data Science to lead the future of GoCardless' data platform including Machine Learning Enablement, Data Infrastructure and Data Science. You are responsible for ensuring that these teams are always working on the most impactful priorities, clearly explaining the why of those priorities, and measuring the impact.
We believe world-class Product Management is crucial to the continued success of our product and company. As a result, we’ve created an environment that ensures our Product Managers have the opportunity to constantly learn, are empowered to take calculated risks, and contribute to developing best practices that other companies emulate. Our goal is to be widely regarded as one of the best Product Management organisations.
Our Product team is focused on three areas:
- Shaping the future of the product: As a product-led organisation, having a clear and well thought through product strategy is critical to our business. Product Managers work together to create this strategy, and are empowered to bring it to life with their teams.
- Prioritising which problems to solve and why: We take a data-led approach to figuring out what problems we should solve and with what priority. We give our Product Managers the space to pose the right questions and empower them to make great decisions.
- Delivering to solve these problems: We believe in a collaborative partnership where the Product team focuses on outcomes, while Engineering and Design focus on how we get there. Product’s main role in execution is to guide teams to stay on track to deliver the optimal product impact.
What excites you
- Problem discovery and prioritisation: Taking complex and ambiguous product problems and structuring these effectively. This includes clearly defining the problem space, the impact of the problem and the trade-offs made in making prioritisation decisions.
- Data-led decision-making: Using data and broader market trends to support your trade-off decisions and problem impact estimations.
- Influencing and communication: Building collaborative relationships with your team, stakeholders and executives to deliver change effectively across your remit. This includes growing to become the ‘go-to’ person for your product area; translating complex, technical problems into understandable concepts; and convincing stakeholders of the best approach using structured reasoning.
- Customer advocacy: Understanding the needs of your key customers on an ongoing basis, and using this to enable effective prioritisation decisions.
- Shipping stuff: Working with your team to support changes to completion, delivering consistent positive impact across your product area.
What excites us
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills: We want our Product Managers to have an outstanding ability to tackle interesting problems. At GoCardless we start by asking ‘why?’, and a data-led approach is central to how we run Product.
- Curiosity and high agency: We’re after people who aren’t afraid of a challenge and will have a go, stay curious and adapt to a constantly changing environment. Our Product Managers are highly motivated to lead things to completion, delivering great impact with their teams.
- Collaborative leaders: Product roles bring responsibility without direct authority. We’re looking for leaders who can motivate and earn the trust of stakeholders and teams with a collaborative approach.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Learning Budget - lead your own development with an annual learning budget
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.