Senior People Partner
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
Following a series of organisational changes to ensure our business is more focussed on winning than ever, we’re now transforming our culture to drive high performance and delivery at pace whilst staying true to our core values by ensuring we create an inclusive environment for people to thrive. Central to this transformation is our people partnering model and the opportunity to provide a high quality, proactive service to senior stakeholders in a matrix working environment.
We’re looking for a Senior People Partner who demonstrates curiosity and drive for the teams they support, and is motivated by a desire to influence through strong relationships and delivering value-adding insights. You’ll be championing GoCardless’ Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and learning initiatives, driving organisational effectiveness and providing guidance about growing high performing teams. As a Senior People Partner in a fast paced technology business you will have the opportunity to define your day to day work and your career path at GC.
What excites you
- Responsible for facilitating how our performance culture and values are represented across the company - how they influence behaviours, how teams work together, and how managers can reinforce and role model them
- Operating as the key HR contact for the leaders in your client groups, providing coaching and guidance across the employee lifecycle, including performance development and capability, employee engagement, employee relations, talent management, and succession planning
- Identifying learning opportunities and requirements for your teams, research and recommend solutions that support employee development & succession plans
- Take the lead on key strategic people projects and work with the team to define, develop and deliver these projects in line with business objectives
- Provide coaching, mentoring and assistance to other people team members to help them develop their people partnering capabilities
What excites us
- You have significant HR business partner experience, and a strong background in technology or fast-growth, innovative organisation
- Knowledge of working practices and employment law in either France or the US is a bonus as is French language skills
- You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change quickly
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights from data or cultural observation into the team and business
- You are motivated by the opportunity to define a true partnering model and show your stakeholders the value you can drive by working hand in hand
- You have been part of a progressive people team where there has been measurable success on the organisation and a positive impact on the culture
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2022;
Female Employees - 46%
Ethnic background - 32%
Identify as LGBTQIA - 10%
Neurodivergent - 9%
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.