Outbound Sales Development Representative
At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We’re making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We’re an award-winning London based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
Your responsibilities as a Sales Development Representative will be to prospect and qualify opportunities with senior decision makers across the UK&I. You will work highly collaboratively with experienced Sales Account Executives to win new business.
This role will be part of an established, high performing SDR team that consistently overachieve against their targets.
You will be responsible for introducing GoCardless to new customers, identifying their pains, uncovering opportunities, and growing the pipeline through email outreach, LinkedIn messaging, video and phone calls. This will entail researching and identifying relevant stakeholders in the sales decision-making process.
What excites you
- Introduce how GoCardless can make a real difference to new customers
- Passionately articulate GoCardless’ value proposition in new sectors
- Nurture prospects through to a fully qualified lead
- Think creatively about how best to engage new customers
- Maintain and track your activity on Salesforce.com
- Develop the skills necessary for promotion to a closing or leadership position
What excites us
- Experience in an outbound B2B sales role is always beneficial
- Highly motivated to maximise activity and to overachieve targets
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a hunger to succeed
- Experience using Salesforce, working in a start-up or FinTech company are all beneficial
- You can talk passionately about what GoCardless does
- You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and teammates. We pride ourselves on positivity and camaraderie
- You embody the core values of GoCardless (Be Humble, Care Deeply, Act with Integrity, Start with Why)
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement. If you’re excited by this role, we encourage you to apply.
(some of) The good stuff
- Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
- Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
- Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
- Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
- Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
- Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (‘GC Fridays’)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure it’s aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building the bank payment network of the future and our ambition is to move money anywhere, for anything, for anyone. If we’re going to achieve this goal, we need to build a team of ‘GeeCee’s’ that is as wonderfully diverse as the world we live in - with a multitude of perspectives, experiences & backgrounds.
We’ve got a long way to go, but here’s how we’re doing as of June 2023;
42% identify as women
28% identify as Black, Asian, Mixed or Other
9% identify as LGBTQIA+
9% identify as neurodiverse
2% identify as disabled
We’re rooting for you during your application and GoCardless aims to provide reasonable adjustments to make our recruitment process as remarkable and accessible as we can. Please speak to your Talent Partner if you need extra support.
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment, leaving a more sustainable world for future generations. In 2021 we became co-founders of the Tech Zero coalition, a group of businesses committed to taking climate action as part of the UNFCCC Race to Zero. We aim to reduce our impact and to create positive change on the natural world. Check out our sustainability action plan here.