Head of Compliance, APAC
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Head of Compliance, APAC
The Head of Compliance at Gemini plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the organization operates within the regulatory framework of the rapidly evolving crypto landscape. This position leads the development and implementation of compliance strategies, policies, and procedures as applicable to our industry in Singapore.
- Develop and execute on strategies to ensure compliance with local cryptocurrency regulations
- In collaboration with other teams, lead the process of obtaining and maintaining necessary licenses and registrations
- Draft, update, and implement compliance policies tailored to the unique requirements in the region
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and address potential compliance vulnerabilities
- Review and file Suspicious Transaction Reports with local authorities and regulatory bodies
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies in collaboration with other departments
- Implement robust systems for monitoring cryptocurrency transactions to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering, and other illicit activities
- Ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations
- Foster a culture of compliance awareness and ethical behavior within the organization
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory bodies and respond to regulatory inquiries and examinations in collaboration with the legal team
- Bachelor's degree in law, finance, business, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in compliance roles within the fintech industry
- Demonstrated experience working with regulators on licensing efforts
- Deep understanding of global cryptocurrency regulations and industry best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant domain certifications (e.g., Certified Cryptocurrency Compliance Professional - CCCP) are preferred
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology or security; prior experience working in Cryptocurrency, digital assets, or high-growth tech companies is a plus
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Up to 14 paid vacation days (in addition to public/bank holidays)
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.