Senior Software Engineer, Nifty Gateway (Backend)
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
As we are building out Nifty's engineering team, we're looking for you to work wherever you can contribute the most on the Nifty Gateway codebase. You’ll get the opportunity to build out the frontier of an emerging field and build tools for some of the pieces that go on to be enormously popular in the digital collectible space! This is a very hands-on role where you'll work with smart, creative people to build the foundation of Nifty Gateway.
- You will help refactor and maintain our core systems to prepare them to scale.
- Design and implement architecture that builds on top of our existing system and enables the Nifty Gateway platform to adapt and grow.
- Understand our core business objectives, then ideate and implement new features that will help us achieve our exciting goals to grow our customer base.
- Troubleshoot technical issues by leveraging your deep understanding of the systems and experience with technologies we leverage.
- Interface with other team members to build the critical portions of the app.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, working on Python (Django/Celery) apps at scale.
- You can write secure code that works quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- A customer-focused and product-focused mindset. You’re interested in using the right tool for the job and you understand, and can speak to, the “Why” behind your choices.
- You can operate independently, be detail oriented, and deliver results in an organized manner.
- Ability to drive end-to-end features and lead projects autonomously.
- An interest in and general understanding of art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries.
- Experience working with Solidity, Python & Web3.py, among other tools.
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology, including the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts.
- Familiarity and interest with nifties and digital collectibles as a product.
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum protocols is also hugely helpful.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.