Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Finance
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Senior Accountant
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business. You will make a huge impact and play a key role in identifying, spearheading, and leading process improvement projects, enhancing our monthly close process, and so much more! The ideal candidate will improve and expedite the accounting close procedures across a number of Gemini’s businesses while working with various internal departments to develop financial reporting solutions and clarify accounting-related issues for both new and ongoing projects.
This role is remote, although the candidate must be located on the west coast in the Pacific Time zone.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analysis related to digital assets
- Maintain supporting schedules for various entities and accounts, including Fixed Assets, Deferred rent, Intangibles and assist with discrepancy resolutions
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate close process and financial reporting
- Work to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly close process
- Develop new policies and procedures and assist in the design and implementation of internal controls
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Cash Management, Data, Finance and Product Teams
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to reduce manual effort
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA license preferred
- 4+ years’ experience, preferably a mix of Big4 and fin-tech or financial services industry experience
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
- Great analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with Looker, Netsuite / Sage, Floqast is a bonus
- Basic knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto industry
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $95,000 - $133,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.