About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Associate, Compliance
Gemini is looking for a smart, friendly individual that is organized, detail-oriented and eager to contribute to a world-class compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success.
- Perform periodic and trigger-based institutional account reviews inclusive of KYC refresh, transactional analysis, and reviews of customer blockchain activity to identify potential red-flags and escalate as appropriate.
- Assist with onboarding of new institutional customers utilizing CDD and EDD research methods.
- Review first-level alerts on customer names for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media and perform additional due diligence and research, as needed.
- Interface with the Business Development team to ensure high priority customer accounts are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Assist with QA reviews.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the enterprise to address compliance related issues.
- Ensure clear and concise customer communication during the RFI process.
- Identify procedural inefficiencies and help develop and drive process improvements.
- Perform ad-hoc special projects as required.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 3-4 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on transactional analysis, forensic accounting or other investigative functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Track record of success and results, ideally in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
- Previous experience performing KYC and periodic account reviews, including assessment of customer risk and transaction analysis.
- Strong understanding of transaction pattern red flags.
- English fluency.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE.
- Working knowledge of digital asset trading and blockchain technology, including previous experience working with blockchain analytics tools.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and fast-paced business environment.
- Experience working with data analytics tools such as Looker.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.