Associate, Compliance (Transaction Monitoring)
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Associate, Compliance (Transaction Monitoring)
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, performing first-level analysis and adjudication of Transaction Monitoring alerts, conducting and monitoring outreaches to customers, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class Transaction Monitoring team.
- Conduct first-level assessments of fiat and virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to assess whether such activity warrants further investigation.
- Work closely with the Compliance Data and Technology team as part of ongoing tuning exercises of the firm’s Transaction Monitoring System.
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
- Fluency in English.
- Advanced degree/certifications.
- Understanding of or familiarity with regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Familiarity with virtual currencies, digital transaction cycles or blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.