Senior Manager, Security Engineering
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Gemini’s very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Manager, Security Engineering
As the Senior Security Engineering Manager for Gemini India, you will lead and expand Gemini’s information security presence in the region by recruiting, managing, and mentoring security staff across all of Gemini’s information security programs:
- Application Security
- Threat Detection and Response
- Platform Security
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
In this critical leadership role, you will set the direction for APAC-based security initiatives while partnering closely with security and other stakeholders around the globe. You will hire and develop talented security engineers and technical program managers while promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing globally.
As our security ambassador in India, you will raise the profile of security across APAC engineering and operations. You will identify new opportunities and security gaps unique to the region and partner with teams globally to tackle them. You will leverage your broad background across many areas of security to contribute to all areas of security programs and teams. Your mandate is building a world-class security organization in India aligned with Gemini’s global security mission.
- Recruit, mentor, and manage security staff across application security, platform security, threat detection and response, and GRC functions in India
- Collaborate closely with US security leadership to align priorities, share knowledge, and improve operations
- Develop and execute security strategy and roadmaps specific to India products, infrastructure, and staff
- Partner with India engineering and operations team to advise on security best practices and spearhead new security initiatives
- Act as the security representative for APAC, interfacing with local leadership and regulators
- Mature security capabilities in India through process improvement and capability development
- 10+ years of information security experience with at least 5 years in management roles
- Experience build and leading high-performing global security teams
- Expertise across application security, infrastructure security, security operations, and GRC
- Technical capabilities to validate and provide guidance on security controls, incidents, and solutions
- Ability to influence engineering and operations stakeholders on security best practices and long term technical goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort operating in ambiguity
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency exchanges or the fintech security landscape
- Familiarity with cloud platforms. We often use AWS
- Prior experience expanding security and/or engineering capabilities internationally
- Familiarity with global compliance requirements and crypto regulatory environment
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.