Senior Associate, Compensation
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: People
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a dynamic and rapidly-changing organization. You'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of compensation from talent acquisition through the employee lifecycle. You will play a critical role in operationalizing, communicating and reporting on Compensation and Equity Administration. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgment and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, analytical, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
The Role: Senior Compensation Associate
- Support the design, implementation and administration of Gemini’s global compensation programs, policies and procedures to ensure attraction and retention of top talent
- Consistently review relevant market data and develop recommendations for updates to ensure compliance and consistency
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition to ensure benchmarking remains in line with market trends and recruiters have the tools they need to appropriately fill roles in line with market and maintain internal parity
- Ensure benchmarking data and coding is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made in line with the employee lifecycle
- Administration of equity paperwork, including distribution, tracking and filing
- Provide support in any data collection and analysis related to the administration of equity
- Support the Total Rewards team in the development of compensation communication and education programs designed to increase workforce knowledge on total rewards strategy and initiatives
- Collaborate with People Operations Business Partners to ensure consistency of messaging
- Provide Business Partners with compensation reports on an ad hoc basis
- Design, build and evolve compensation metrics, reporting and tools to inform compensation program decisions
- Complete compensation surveys and translate market data into operational compensation reports
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all global compensation programs
- Standardize, document and automate processes across all jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business, accounting, finance, analytics, statistics related field or a combination of relevant experience, education and training
- 3+ years experience working hands-on with large, complex quantitative datasets, including intermediate to advanced-level formulas and functions in Google Sheets, including data input, queries, basic functions/formulas (ex. If statements, aggregate functions, index match, vlookup, pivot tables)
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of compliance in terms of pay equity with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Working knowledge of Workday
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience working in compensation with experience in support and build-out of compensation program, market surveys, or trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs; ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.