Head of Consumer Growth, Europe
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Growth
The Role: Head of Consumer Sales (Europe)
Gemini, a leading cryptocurrency exchange, is seeking an experienced, goal-driven Head of Consumer Sales to join our team. Reporting to the CEO of Europe, the ultimate goal of the role is to materially grow the consumer business so that it is a significant contributor to Gemini’s overall global business. This leader is responsible for: Consumer Acquisition and Retention, driving revenue and business growth, and building the go-to-market strategy and the team for the Consumer Business in Europe with an initial focus on the UK.
- Conceive and execute go-to-market plans ensuring Gemini’s consumer strategy is on-point to accelerate new customer acquisition and greater activation and engagement from existing customers, capturing market share, and delivering the company’s significant potential in the digital asset space in the region
- Refine and execute Gemini’s consumer strategy to market plan each international market as required. Engage at group level to get buy in for the sales strategy and relevant investment
- Drive P&L performance for European and UK consumer markets in-line with company growth objectives. Implement a disciplined approach to defining sales and revenue targets and setting a clear repeatable sales strategy on how to win new business and meet ambitious targets
- Have direct responsibility for scaling the consumer business - including responsibility for partnerships
- Have direct ownership for all aspects of sales performance for the consumer business driving the generation of sales from new and existing customers
- Hire a small specialist team of sales executives, developing a structured approach to sales
- Work with Marketing to agree on Gemini’s marketing, social media and PR strategy; agree on consumer acquisition spend targeting customers in priority markets across UK and Europe (together with the HQ marketing team)
- Follow the latest industry developments and possess a strong understanding of Gemini’s corporate vision, strategic objectives, products, competition, and positioning in the industry
- Provide local customer insights to inform product, marketing, and investment decisions to the relevant internal teams to inform product, marketing, and investment decisions. Work with product and technology teams to develop, refine, and grow a competitive proposition tailored to each market to ensure success. Develop and get buy-in for business cases to ensure prioritization on product roadmaps
- Play a proactive role in the customer-facing activities of the company, personally driving new sales activity. Proactively seek opportunities to scale the business in the region
- Being the face for Gemini within the digital asset industry in the region, continue to build awareness for the brand and the product suite
- Act as the key member of the leadership team, working closely with the Product and Technology organization and with Marketing
- Be prepared to be hands-on and dig into details when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or a related field; an MBA is preferred
- Proven sales or business development executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets, preferably in the crypto or financial industry
- Demonstrated experience as a sales director, with the ability to lead and inspire a team
- Strong understanding of the cryptocurrency market and blockchain technology
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- High proficiency in CRM software and MS Office Suite
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.