Senior Software Engineer, Security
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Gemini’s very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
As an early member of the new Security Services team, you will help build, own, and operate critical infrastructure powering Gemini’s security capabilities.
In this hands-on Senior Engineer role, you will collaborate with other security and engineering teams to develop platforms, tools, systems, and reusable components that enable our defense. You will hone your skills establishing robust backend services.
You will have the opportunity to shape best practices around secure software development, automation, and DevSecOps. Your mission is developing, operating, and supporting the tech that protects Gemini.
- Build, improve, and support security platforms and tools leveraging solid software engineering
- Work with security and engineering teams to gather requirements and deliver capabilities
- Adopt and promote secure coding patterns, security automation, and DevSecOps
- Receive mentoring and develop hands-on engineering skills as an early team member
- Assist in maintaining and extending existing security platforms and tools owned by the team
- Partner with engineering teams to balance features and operational excellence
- 5+ years of experience in backend software engineering and infrastructure roles
- Experience designing, building, and operating distributed systems
- Hands-on software development experience in modern languages
- Knowledge of Linux, networking, containers, and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to understand need
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience in information security, security automation, and/or DevSecOps
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts, secure coding, and threat modeling
- Familiarity with security technologies like SIEM, WAF, EDR, and SAST
- Experience building and/or operating access control, authentication, and/or authorization systems
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.