Fraud Associate, Trust & Safety
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Service Fundamentals (Trust & Safety)
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our user’s funds and ensuring the integrity of Gemini’s digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Associate
Gemini’s Trust & Safety team is looking for a fraud associate to contribute to Gemini’s efforts in preventing fraud. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. Gemini is looking for a passionate associate who will work directly with Gemini customers in order to investigate and resolve fraud and abuse. This includes assisting customers with scams, ATOs, onboarding issues, transaction errors, and timely account security escalations.
- Respond to risk-related customer issues of varying levels of complexity, primarily via email.
- Investigate and review suspicious customers’ activities, including at Onboarding, and escalate to appropriate teams when necessary.
- Identify trends and patterns in fraud activity and suggest rule and policy changes to assist with preventing fraud.
- Leverage expert business knowledge to identify process and strategy deficiencies, and provide recommendations for operational improvement.
- Prepare ad-hoc fraud reports regarding suspicious activity, incidents, and key measurements of the fraud program.
- Cross-functional collaboration.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within Trust & Safety, Identity, Compliance, and Customer Support on fraud cases and to make operational improvements.
- Directly participate in and provide necessary support for special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience.
- 1-3 years of financial Risk, Fraud, or Compliance Customer Support and investigations.
- Great verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations.
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers.
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions.
- This role may require an on-call rotation.
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker etc.) is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with database querying languages such as SQL.
- UK, Europe, India, and other region-specific fraud knowledge is a plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.