Head of India AML Operations
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of compliance, technology, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes. Join us and help define the Compliance department of the future.
The Role: Head of India AML Operations
The Head of India AML Operations is responsible for oversight of AML operations functions, with the primary responsibility of ensuring operational analysts are adhering to proper policy and procedure. In this role, you will spearhead the creation of a team that will provide shared services across Gemini’s global affiliates. You will work closely with the Compliance, Support, and Engineering teams to drive operations and identify opportunities for enhancement across operational functions, while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will lead the transformation of the AML operations and execution functions by solving complex business scalability problems through automation, realignment, and resource allocation.
- Oversee several functions that support AML Operations, including KYC/onboarding, customer screening processes, account reviews, and quality control.
- Lead cross-collaborative and cross-functional efforts to automate, scale and enhance operational processes.
- Identify inefficiencies and deliver workflow management and automation tools to improve operational processes for scaling and performance, across product lines and jurisdictions.
- Utilize technology and human capital vendor resources to build scalable solutions to service internal and external customers.
- Develop KPI framework for operational analysts providing shared services to Gemini’s global affiliates.
- Stay current on the latest RegTech solutions and be a thought leader to constantly evolve scalability efforts.
- Collaborate with Operations and Compliance leadership to ensure proper training and oversight of the operational analysts.
- Evaluate existing operational processes, identify areas for improvement, and bring forward proposals for both short-term and long-term build-outs.
- 10+ years of experience working in the AML space, including at least 5 years managing teams that execute AML functions.
- Familiarity with U.S. and global AML and sanctions regulations.
- Proven record of scaling and automating complex AML processes and operations, including through automation and human capital strategy.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology or financial services.
- Prior experience working for a fintech or a high-growth tech company is a plus.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a plus but not a prerequisite.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.