Staff Data Engineer, Crypto Core
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Crypto Core
The Role: Staff Data Engineer
You are considered a leader on our data engineering team, dealing with ambiguous problems with limited guidance. Your solutions are developed with the team's long term goals and overall architecture in perspective. By driving data engineering best practices, you set standards, coach and mentor data engineers and analysts, and help them along their career goals at Gemini. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Focused on technical decision making, leading work/projects that affects one or more complex systems and mission-critical areas
- Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability
- Write highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews
- Design, architect and implement best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions and meetings
- Can successfully plan and execute projects involving multiple developers and complex requirements, prioritizing strategically
- Identify, define, and solve strategic problems, thinking holistically about the whole system
- Mentor data engineers and analysts
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- 7+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 7+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 7+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- Experience and expertise in Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with one or more MPP databases (Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with one or more ETL tools (Informatica, Pentaho, SSIS, Alooma, etc.)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Kafka, Spark, HDFS/S3, Messaging, machine learning, text analysis, Cloud computing (especially AWS) experience is a plus
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Airflow and continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge and experience of blockchain, financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Knowledge of working with BI applications (Tableau/Looker/Power BI, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.