Senior Technical Program Manager, Platform
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platform focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Technical Program Manager
Gemini is seeking an experienced technical program manager to oversee projects and operational work within our Platform division. Platform engineering is rapidly growing and composed of dozens of employees and multiple teams including DevOps, Application Security, Developer Productivity and Cloud and Network engineering. An ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management background and will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all phases of an Agile program.
- Partner across the Platform organization to provide high value portfolio, program and project management support including creation of detailed project plans
- Comfortable working with both service oriented architectures, and large, complex data sets
- Have a diverse set of unblocking tools and mechanisms, resulting in an ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of your overall organization
- Manage all aspects of Scrum, including sprint planning, stand-ups, and bi-weekly retrospectives for Information Security teams
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence
- Take initiative in discovering gaps and blockers, suggesting solutions, and improving processes and reporting these findings upward as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in technical program management, security background is a plus
- Experience in startups, tech focus preferred
- Capable of guiding engineers through breaking down work, assisting on scoping, time management, and dependency mapping
- Comfortable assisting multiple teams with different focuses/leadership across the division
- Direct experience leading teams operating with an Agile methodology, specifically using Jira
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills to foster respect and teamwork with internal and external partners
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn, be hands-on technically, and creative with problem solving
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.