Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Within Platform the Enterprise Infrastructure pillar is responsible for managing the internal corporate technology powering Gemini’s offices and astronauts - employee hardware and software, as well as our physical locations around the world.
The Role: Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
As Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure you’ll be responsible for growing out both the Engineering and End User Services teams within EI and shaping the organization to meet Gemini’s evolving needs. Our engineering team is responsible for the back-end pipes and plumbing, driving integration and automation of our systems, in a code-first mentality. End User Services is responsible for user engagement and covers the helpdesk, office systems, AV, and onboarding. Together the teams collaborate to ensure continual improvement of our technology and processes.
You will be a leader within Gemini’s Platform team, and responsible for mentoring and building out EI to become a global team, supporting Gemini’s rapid growth and ensuring that every Gemini employee has a great technology experience, from before day 1.
You’ll partner with departments across Gemini, including Security, Office Services, and other Technology teams to ensure that our excellent security posture is maintained, and both our in-office and remote collaborative work experience is great.
- Lead, grow, mentor, and develop Enterprise Infrastructure into a cohesive, effective global team
- Partner with departments across Gemini to understand needs as the organization grows and deliver technical solutions to ensure Gemini can continue to grow and improve
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
- Develop KPIs to measure the performance of the services provided by the team
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
- Create a culture of continuous education and improvement within the team
- Developing the technology platform to deliver great remote and in-office collaborative experiences
- Experience building out global support and technology teams
- Experience with corporate technology - GSuite, O365, Slack, AV, and similar technologies
- Experience supporting IT teams within supporting a 1000+ employee organization
- Experience delivering technology in a regulated environment, and of maintaining a controlled and managed environment to meet SOC, PCI, and other requirements
- Understanding of security and control principles (eg. IAM, RBAC)
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $158,000 - $221,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.