Frontend Engineer, Payments
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Payments
Payments is responsible for all things fiat; in a nutshell this involves enabling users to move values in/out of Gemini as well as internal admin tools for compliance, bookkeeping and foreign exchange support. Payments provides a seamless experience for card or bank transfer payments for individuals and businesses around the globe who are looking to buy or sell crypto. We own the full stack, from the front-end experience in our website and apps, to the backend ensuring the accounting reports of these payments are accurate.
The Role: Frontend Engineer
- Develop and maintain front end functionality for multiple products including Gemini’s internal Admin Tool, Cash management tools, Trading UIs, Website, Compliance tools etc.
- Provide technical input to the planning, design, and requirements gathering process for new products and product features that come up.
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers on the team, keen with eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Be a team player but also an independent thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and passionate about UI.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development.
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets.
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js.
- Experience with:
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.