Senior Application Support Engineer
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Technical Exchange Services (Support)
The Role: Senior Application Support Engineer
Gemini is establishing itself as the industry leading exchange for institutional trading of digital assets. You will be at the forefront for bridging technical support between Gemini’s customer base and the engineering teams to continuously improve the Gemini platform. You are customer focused and have a track record of being an application support expert within the Financial Technology space. Building and configuring internal operational tools is something that you enjoy and excel in. You will leverage your experience to help Gemini bridge the gap between traditional financial service platforms and our world-class digital asset exchange.
- Provide technical support services to Gemini’s institutional and retail customer base as well as partnered vendors, with a focus on Gemini APIs, network connectivity, and application support
- Investigate application issues referencing appropriate logs to Gemini development teams with precision, accuracy, and urgency
- Maintain and deploy API documentation, accounting for relevant engineering changes for all Gemini APIs
- Assist all support teams with operational tools across new and existing Gemini products
- Clearly articulate issues to customers in a way that instills confidence and reliability
- Assist in the on-boarding and certification process of FIX and Web API customers
- Provide second level support to sales and business development teams
- BA/BS degree in technical or engineering concentration
- 5 years of experience in a technical support role at an Exchange, OMS or other Financial Services Technology provider
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and writing well-formed queries
- Well versed in navigating systems, running commands from a Unix terminal, and measuring system performance
- Extensive experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Extensive experience with APIs and FIX messaging; including investigating issues and providing feedback to clients
- Deep understanding of on-premise (datacenter) and cloud (AWS) infrastructure
- Experience and passion for cryptocurrency/blockchain technology
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 10 years of experience in a technical support role at an Exchange, OMS or other Financial Services Technology provider
- Understanding of electronic trading, order types, and financial markets
- Experience with Datadog, Looker, ZenDesk, Docker
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $122,000 - $170,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.