Staff Software Engineer, Consumer Experience (Mobile)
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Consumer Experience
The Role: Senior Mobile Engineer
Our mobile engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve the Gemini mobile app, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and marketing managers to present a shared artistic vision.
- Focus on leading technical decision making building highly complex, highly trafficked, consumer facing web services
- Build elegant and efficient maintainable solutions in React Native
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android
- Act as the go-to expert in with an increasingly strategic mindset
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team of engineers
- You have 4+ years of React Native experience
- You have 6+ years of frontend/mobile development experience
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design sensibility
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Experience with using Storybook for UI component documentation
- Experience with React Native Reanimated 2
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.