Technical Program Manager, Analytics
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Analytics
Data and analytics are central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. The Analytics team is responsible for data architecture, data engineering, finance engineering, business intelligence, machine learning, and data governance functions that shape the way data is stored and leveraged across Gemini. Data engineers and Machine Learning engineers make up the Analytics team are responsible for building the primary decision support system that derives continuous value by enabling individuals and various functional groups to make data driven informed decisions via our reliable data processes, data products and advanced analytics ability. The projects executed by the team cover a wide-range of topics including user acquisition and customer journey, cryptocurrency performance, product analytics, order book analytics, risk analytics, enabling automated and scalable blockchain based reconciliation systems, building predictive models all the way to enabling anomaly and fraud detection.
The Role: Technical Program Manager
At Gemini, Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are critical to the successful influencing, development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. TPMs will leverage an agile process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our Analytics teams for success by working with engineering teams and stakeholders from departments such as Finance, Risk and Compliance to design, develop, and implement technology solutions that are based on agile methodology principles. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical and agile background and proven success leading technical projects.
This role is full-time in our Gurgaon, India office, and reports directly to the Head of Analytics.
- Manage complex agile-based data-heavy engineering projects and initiatives from concept to completion for the Data Engineering, Finance Engineering, Analytics Engineering and Machine Learning teams
- Work closely with cross functional teams, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and ensure successful project delivery
- Follow agile processes, run daily scrums, set up and track sprint progress against the approved goals
- Oversee data-product development process using agile methodologies, including requirement gathering, scope definition, and resource planning
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of projects and key initiatives
- Identify project risks and create respective mitigation plans
- Create metrics and KPIs to measure progress and success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in project management, with 3+ years in using Agile based program management
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering and finance teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, finance, accounting, and or cryptocurrency
- JIRA/Confluence expertise and ability to write technical documentation
- Experience working with Finance, Compliance, Marketing, and other general business functions
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.