Manager, Software Engineering
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Consumer Experience
The Role: Manager, Software Engineering
Gemini has about two-hundred fifty software engineers spread across a dozen project teams. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping your team define their roadmaps, plans, and goals, helping them achieve those goals, and guiding each team member to develop their career at Gemini. Deeply involving yourself in the design and modernization process, and using your existing experience of building cloud systems at scale to guide the team to build robust, scalable and highly available systems.
- Create and evolve a structure and organization design for your team.
- Deeply involved with system architecture of the team, guiding the team through new systems being built, or integrating into existing systems. Using prior design experience to identify pitfalls in scaling, performance, availability and helping the team navigate it.
- Help raise the bar on engineering practices through high quality code review feedbacks, design reviews, testing, and CICD practices.
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets.
- Make hiring plans and hiring decisions.
- Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance.
- Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time.
- Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adapt the team’s plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry.
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks.
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance.
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends.
- You have 6+ years of experience in software development & delivery.
- You have 2+ years of managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers.
- You're technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
- You have experience with modern software engineering concepts.
- Ideally, you have expertise in backend systems built with C++ or Java.
- You have experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.