Senior Associate, People Operations
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: People
The People Team at Gemini are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for Gemini's company values. Our collaborative team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists. As a member of the People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization, with the opportunity to create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Senior Associate, People Operations
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As a Senior Associate, People Operations, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources including onboarding, orientation, offboarding, data collection and maintenance, and systems management. You will play a critical role in assisting with People Ops projects, processes, and initiatives so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented individuals. You will be expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, extremely organized and a self-starter for this critical role on our team. Our team moves quickly and needs someone that is comfortable with a fast paced environment needing little guidance once priorities are given.
- Support the execution of People Operations programs and operations including, but not limited to: onboarding, ongoing engagement initiatives, and performance management efforts
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners and the People Team to support employee lifecycle programs and tasks
- Perform administrative tasks and workflows in Workday, Lattice, and other tools & systems across various subject matter areas such as Benefits, Payroll, Performance Management and others
- Provide employee support by monitoring and managing HR tickets and inbox in a timely and professional manner, adhering to SLAs
- Help organize and maintain confidential filing systems for employee files
- Proactively identify improvements to processes, adding automation wherever possible
- Collaborate with various internal teams (IT, Recruiting, Security, etc.) to ensure a seamless and successful onboarding and off-boarding process for employees
- Create, edit, and manage process documentation via Confluence and gDrive
- Escalate sensitive issues in a timely manner
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization with ability to lead and manage projects within scope and timeline
- Provide in-office support as needed such as assisting Real Estate and Security teams with badging, leading New Hire Orientation, support Employee Relations matters and other in-office initiatives as deemed appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, People Operations, and/or Talent Acquisition in a fast-paced, global organization
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets) with strong analytical skills in Sheets
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations for improvements; strong desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Strong administrative skills, including: organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Familiarity with Workday, or other HRIS systems
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?