Associate, Supplier Relations
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Finance
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. We are focused on bridging the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience based on the digital asset economy.
The Role: Associate, Supplier Relations
- Assist in all aspects of sourcing/procurement related activities (creating purchase orders, building and maintaining supplier relationships, RFPs, contract negotiations, service renewals, and monitoring quality and service).
- Work cross-functionality as a strategic partner to the Legal, Risk, and GRC functions to carry out necessary procurement, sourcing, and supplier management activities.
- Complete thorough competitive pricing analysis to develop and carry-out negotiation strategies.
- Support all Gemini related entities globally leveraging synergy and economies of scale when possible.
- Anticipate future needs of the business and work to mitigate exposure through commercial and contract negotiations.
- Support budgeting process, development/validation of business cases, and establishment of critical ROI frameworks across the firm.
- Provide training and education of the Sourcing process as needed.
- Launch and manage RFPs; developing and refining templates and documentation where possible to drive speed and efficiency.
- Prioritize competing initiatives and deadlines with limited oversight.
- Conduct Spend Analysis to identify and implement new opportunities for continuous improvement, cost savings, cost avoidance, growth, consolidation, and proactively track progress towards these objectives.
- Participate in or lead special projects such as assessment of the supplier base, program cost reduction initiatives, and company-wide audits.
- 3-5 years of sourcing, procurement or supplier/contract management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or another related field.
- Strong practical and demonstrated knowledge in all phases of sourcing, procurement, supplier/contract management (policies, procedures, practices, POs, management, etc.).
- Effective Stakeholder Relationship Management skills including the ability to make and influence critical decisions.
- Desire to learn and grow with a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- In-depth experience with Commercial and Contract Negotiations including contract review and redlining.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?