Lead, Global Benefits
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: People
The People Team at Gemini are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for Gemini's company values. Our collaborative team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists. As a member of the People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization, with the opportunity to create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Lead, Global Benefits
As part of the Gemini People Team, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of Total Rewards from talent acquisition through the employee lifecycle. While your main focus will be around Benefits, you will also provide support for select Compensation and Immigration activities. You will play a critical role in developing, operationalizing, communicating and reporting on our Benefits programs. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgment and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, analytical, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Recommend innovative benefits programs by studying employee requirements, trends, and developments in benefit offerings
- Lead the benefits renewal process for the US and our international locations; manage US annual Open Enrollment
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure clarity in how we communicate our benefits to candidates and to understand the competitiveness of our Total Rewards package to our relevant talent pool
- Collaborate with People Operations Business Partners to ensure consistency of messaging
- Manage vendor relationships with our various benefits and immigration partners
- Support the Total Rewards team in the development of communication and education programs designed to increase workforce knowledge on total rewards strategy and initiatives
- Design, build and evolve Total Rewards metrics, reporting and tools to inform program decisions
- Standardize, document and automate processes across all jurisdictions
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements across the United States and in our international markets
- Provide escalated support for employee questions
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, a related field or a combination of relevant experience, education and training
- 8+ years experience managing benefits programs; 3+ years of international benefits experience
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Understanding of compliance with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Working knowledge of Workday
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience with the Benefits module within Workday
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs; ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $122,000 - $170,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?