Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Consumer Experience
The Role: Mobile Engineer
As a Mobile Engineer on the Trading & Core team you’ll be working with a cross-functional team of web, mobile, and backend engineers to build our mobile trading platform and features support the trading engineering team at Gemini.
You’ll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. There’s a wide range of problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to shaving microseconds off our API response times. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android.
- Build efficient and reusable UI components and architect reliable, performant, and maintainable solutions.
- Lead teams that continuously build, ship, learn, and iterate.
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications.
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of engineers.
- Independently scopes and implements solutions for their project/team.
- Expert in our processes, also helping to define them. Keeps tests up to date and conducts QA before releasing products with cross functional teams.
- Writes meaningful code reviews.
- Handles open-ended problems and ambiguity well.
- Makes well-reasoned design decisions, identifying potential issues, trade offs, risks, and the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and able to move quickly because of deep understanding of large portions of the codebase.
- Leads and coaches within their team where possible, trusted with team decisions.
- Starting to broaden impact. Considers effects of their work on other teams, as well as identifying and helping to resolve problems facing the team.
- Contributes to the foundational good of their domain and engineering overall, defining patterns and examples, plus paying down tech debt.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and tools.
- Debugs expertly within their primary focus area.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience building mobile applications.
- You have at least 2 years experience using React Native to build cross-platform mobile applications.
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry.
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design and product sensibility.
- Expertise in unit and integration testing.
- Experience working with performance analysis tooling.
- Experience working with Fastlane and/or build automation tooling.
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
- Experience working autonomously with distributed teams.
- Embraces big challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Able to change direction quickly based on shifting company needs.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $120,000 - $168,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?