Mobile Engineer, Payments
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Payments
Payments is responsible for all things fiat; in a nutshell this involves enabling users to move values in/out of Gemini as well as internal admin tools for compliance, bookkeeping and foreign exchange support. Payments provides a seamless experience for card or bank transfer payments for individuals and businesses around the globe who are looking to buy or sell crypto. We own the full stack, from the front-end experience in our website and apps, to the backend ensuring the accounting reports of these payments are accurate.
The Role: Mobile Engineer
Our mobile engineers are experts at turning vision into reality to further Gemini’s mission through the Gemini mobile app. We are looking for a talented engineer who has a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design into code, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and product managers to build amazing apps.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android.
- Build efficient and reusable UI components and architect reliable, performant, and maintainable solutions.
- Work alongside a team of talented engineers to continuously build, ship, learn, and iterate on our products.
- Drive technical innovation, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications.
- Develop and maintain full React Native mobile application for Payments.
- Work with peers and key stakeholders effectively to solve problems and make decisions.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience building mobile applications.
- You have used React Native to build complex cross-platform mobile applications.
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry.
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design sensibility.
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices.
- Experience working with Fastlane and/or build automation tooling.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?