About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Marketplace
This team’s mission is to ensure Gemini is a premier trading platform for digital assets for consumers and institutions. This team owns all aspects of spot and derivative trading, ActiveTrader offering geared towards intermediate to advanced cryptocurrency traders and Exchange APIs as well as Portfolio/Wealth Management (Bitria).
The Role: Engineer
Working with our team of core trading systems developers to improve and expand the functionality of our matching engine, order entry mechanisms, and market data publication. We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems for our digital asset trading platform. Time is measured in microseconds and we aim to start measuring in nanoseconds. Reliability, fault tolerance, recoverability, throughput, and latency are what we look for in our systems. If something on the spaceship is broken we aim to fix it, if something can be automated we automate it, and we ship our code weekly.
- Use engineering principles to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software.
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflows, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation of our real time exchange.
- Develop scalable architecture for the future state of our exchange and contribute towards improving the trading infrastructure.
- Write robust code and APIs to support the company’s vital business.
- Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and status of ongoing investigations.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- 5+ years Java/C++ or functional programming language experience in a exchange/trading systems environment.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools.
- 5+ years working with order handling or matching engines.
- 5+ years working with FIX or other market data/order protocols.
- Experience in building real time Linux systems.
- Solid understanding of IP multicast and TCP protocols.
- Low latency/lock-free development and design.
- Multithreading and concurrency experience.
- Binary or custom protocols (e.g. ITCH/OUCH).
- Linux kernel tuning and optimization.
- Scala experience.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?